ipsy glam bag: july 2018 (nothing but water)

RETAIL: $10.00/ MONTHLY

JULY THEME: NOTHING BUT WATER

ABOUT THE BAG (FROM IPSY):This aqua pouch—plus your 5 personalized picks—are all you need to dive into the lazy days of July.

www.ipsy.com/glambag

Wanna know what’s in my bag? My July Ipsy Glam Bag, that is. For those of you who don’t know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service. For $10 a month, Ipsy will send you a makeup bag and five beauty samples.

I’m super impressed with the items that I recieved in my Glam Bag this month! There are months when only a couple of the items get’s you excited. This month however, I honestly love every item that I received.

So without further ado, here is what I recieved in my July glam bag. Swatches of the eyeshadow, eyeliner, and nail polish will be at the end of the post.

• SEBAMED – Liquid Face and Body Wash
  • HEMPZ – Herbal Body Moisturizer in Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon
  • SUNDAYS – No. 45 Nail Polish
  • SUGAR COSMETICS – Stroke of Genius Heavy-Duty Kohl in 03 Green Light
  • OFRA COSMETICS – Eyeshadow in Exquisite

I’d never heard of Sebamed before receiving this sample, but all of the reviews I saw on their products are positive. Normally, I’m not one to use the same products on both my face and body so I was a little hesitant on trying it initially. So, I did a little research on the product before using it. Sebamed is actually soap-free and formulated with special vitamins to nourish your skin. It is also perfect for people with sensitive-skin, and works with your skins pH. After using this in the shower, my skin felt so incredibly soft all day long. I also went ahead and used it on my face, and it was so gentle. My face felt soft, fresh, and really clean afterwards. It was like I’d used an actual face cleanser, which blew my mind. It suds up really nicely, and a little goes such a long way. Sebamed has a good clean soap smell to it, which is great for those who are sensitive to smells.

I’ve been obsessed with Hempz Brand for about the past year and a half, and luckily the Sweet Pineapple & Honey Melon Scent is one of the few that I’ve yet to try. This scent honestly smells delicious, like a fruity drink or something. This could not have come at a better time, as I’m more than halfway through my bottle of their Pomegranate scent. If you’ve never used Hempz, I’d highly recommend this brand. Do yourself a favor and take a trip to Ulta, and just smell their products for yourself. Incredible. Seriously, if I pull out one of their lotions at work everyone in the office comments on how amazing the scent is. Not only do they smell wonderful, but the moisturizer goes on smoothly and really softens your skin. I love receiving the smaller sizes in my Ipsy bag, because they are the perfect size to carry along with you.

This No. 45 by Sundays Nail Polish is such a gorgeous color, and perfect for summer! Plus, it’s also vegan, cruelty-free, and non-toxic. The shade is a dreamy sky blue which makes me think of fluffy clouds. It applies easily, and only takes one or two good coats. This is one of those shades that looks as gorgeous on the nail, as it does in the bottle. I’ll have to wear it some more to really see how well it holds up, but so far I’m loving it.

Sugar Cosmetics is a brand that I’d never heard of, but I was really excited to receive their kohl eyeliner. Personally, I’m more of a liquid eyeliner fan. I feel that liquid eyeliner has better staying power, and I can get more precise lines. Plus, I’ve had awful experiences with kohl liners smudging throughout the day so this is a product that I probably wouldn’t have picked up myself. I feel like kohl liners are best if you’re purposely going for that smudgy undefined lines kinda’ look. I recieved the shade Green Light and it is so gorgeous. It’s super pigmented, and applies so smoothly. It’s easy to blend out if you’d like to use it as more of an eyeshadow on the lid. There are really a number of different ways that you could use this liner. I’m already imagining all of the ways that I’m going to incorporate this kohl liner into my Christmas looks. It’s the perfect shade of green!

Ofra Cosmetics I’ve only ever purchased from maybe a handful of times. I find some of their products to be a tad bit pricey, so they are not always on my radar. I received their eyeshadow in the shade Exquisite, and it is a true black with tiny little silver shimmers. This shade is so pretty, and very pigmented! I wore it a full day, and the staying power was fantastic. This shade can be built up very easily if you’re wanting a full on smokey eye, but can also give you a softer smokey eye. The silver shimmers add a really nice pop to the shadow, and look like little twinkly stars on the lid. I was very pleased with this shadow, and also feel that the single pan is a generous size. I can definitely see myself incorporating this shade into more looks.

And, that’s a wrap for this month. Can’t wait to see what items I receive in August’s Glam Bag!

What subscription services are you currently receiving, or thinking about signing up for? I’m always on the hunt for another one to check out, so let me know! Any fellow Ipsy Glam Bag peeps out there – what did you get in your July bag?

Until next time,

Anjhanee ♡

*SWATCHES ARE ALSO POSTED ON MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT*

Share:

19 Comments

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 18, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Thank you so much for showing some love! (:

1. July 17, 2018 / 5:08 pm

I’ve never signed up for anything like this, but I think I might have to. I’ve been hearing about Ipsy for a while now, and I really like the sound of the things you got this month.

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 18, 2018 / 4:17 pm

You should! Some months are better than others, but that’s to be expected with a sub service. However, I love that it give’s you the opportunity to both try and discover new products before going out and buying full sizes. Thank you so much for showing some love! (:

2. July 17, 2018 / 3:52 pm

Ohh woww love this!! I love getting subscription boxes x

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 18, 2018 / 2:03 pm

Thank you so much! So do I. It’s like a little present to yourself each month. Thank you for showing some love! (:

3. July 17, 2018 / 1:32 pm

great post! that’s a really impressive month from ipsy! looks like 3 products are full sized? or pretty darn close, and for the price that’s awesome! I have been considering boxycharm for so long because it’s only 21 dollars but the value of the box is always over 100 dollars! sending lots of love!
    ~Mich | simplymich.com

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 18, 2018 / 4:14 pm

Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I said. Some months can be a let down with Ipsy, but this month was awesome! I’ve been considering Boxycharm for awhile as well. Let me know if you end up subbing! Thank you for showing some love! (:

4. July 17, 2018 / 10:39 am

Great post! I love that nail polish color. My friend gets subscription boxes. I’ve been debating myself on it.

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 11:46 am

Thank you so much! I’m currently wearing the nail polish, and it is so pretty! I was a little late to the subscription box party myself, but I’m so glad that I started getting them. It really gives you a chance to try products (and brands) that you either never heard of, or have been wanting to try without spending on a full product! Plus, who doesn’t love getting new beauty products in the mail every month? Thank you so much for showing some love. ♡

5. Batmom85
    July 17, 2018 / 9:38 am

Great post! I might get me an Ipsy bag that sounds so cool! Great post very through

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 11:46 am

Thank you so much! ♡

6. letsgettripsy
    July 17, 2018 / 9:17 am

I used to get the Ispy bag and then I decided I didn’t know what to do with all the samples and little bags…lol So I now get FabFitFun which I am very happy with! I love the colour of that nail polish! That looks dreamy and I love cruelty free products! That Sebamed also sounds interesting! Thanks for the info!!

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 11:48 am

Thank you so much for showing some love! I have a ton of their little bags, but luckily I also have little sisters who love them so they get to take their pick, lol. I’ve been wanting to try FabFitFun for awhile, their boxes always look so awesome! ♡

7. July 16, 2018 / 9:46 am

Great share! I’ve heard of subscription boxed but $10 is a total steal! Great post 🙂

notesfromarshi.com

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 6:32 am

Thank you so much! It really is a good deal considering what all you get. Thank you so much for showing some love. 💛

8. July 16, 2018 / 8:43 am

It’s so frustrating for me to see how many amazing sub boxes you guys have in the US/UK. Europe has a few, but they’re nowhere as good value as what you have 🙁

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 17, 2018 / 6:34 am

Oh no, that stinks! 😩 It’s always a bummer when something is unavailable in your country, it’s like whyyyy?! Thank you so much for stopping by. 💛

Share Your Thoughts...