aboni cosmetics: matte liquid lipstick (swatches)

Retail: $10.00

Finish: Liquid Matte

abonicosmetics.com

*swatches at the end of post*

Today marks Aboni Cosmetics 7 year anniversary! I’ve been eyeing this brand for awhile now, and finally I’ve made my first purchase. Aboni Cosmetics is a growing beauty brand that offers cruelty-free lip products. They offer a variety of different liquid lip shades that aim to be different from the “norm”, yet still compliment every skin tone. I picked up three lipsticks from the brand in the shades: Sitting Pretty, Cat’s Meow, and Top Floor. I’m going to share my first impressions of the shades, along with my thoughts on how they wear throughout the day!

Whenever I try a new liquid lipstick I’m always eager to see how the formula is. I’m the kind of person that cannot stand my lips being dry, and some Liquid Lipstick formulas can make your lips feel like actual sandpaper. Aboni’s formula does not give you that chapped lip feeling. I found the consistency to be a little thin compared to other formulas, but the coverage is still great. Each shade is true to the color from the first swipe, and dries down almost instantly upon application. The shade Cat’s Meow is a little more on the orange side than I expected, but some shades do look different depending on your skin tone. It’s still a very pretty shade, and it looks great. Top Floor is a gorgeous deep purple that gives me all kind of fall/winter vibes. I love a dark lip for the colder months, and I can’t wait to rock this shade then! As with any dark lipstick, I was a little worried that Top Floor would be patchy or have a lot of streaking. But, I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the application was. Sitting Pretty is such a fun shade that is perfect for summer. The color is just somewhere between purple and pink, and looks so amazing on my skin tone. I definitely think that Sitting Pretty is my favorite out of the three so far!

Given how thin the consistency is, I found that wearing the shades all day was super comfortable. At times, I didn’t even remember that I had anything on because I couldn’t feel it. The lipsticks have a slight chemical smell to them, but it’s very faint and I couldn’t smell it once they were applied. As far as how they wear, I only touched them up after lunch. Which is to be expected with any lipstick. Aboni’s liquid lipsticks are completely transfer proof, and long-lasting. I didn’t have any weird feathering on the inside of my lips, or in the corners of my mouth. Everything stayed put, even with me running my mouth all day. When it came time to take them off, I found that using a little baby oil on a makeup wipe was the most effective method. Overall, I’m very pleased with my first Aboni Cosmetics purchase and can definitely see myself ordering again! Not only are their liquid lipsticks affordable, but they are awesome quality!

Have any of ya’ll tried Aboni Cosmetics? Take a look at the swatches, and let me know your favorite shade! Also in honor of the brands seventh anniversary, they are having a sale! Be sure to snag your favorites.

Until next time,

Anjhanee ♡

*SWATCHES ARE ALSO POSTED ON MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT*

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON MY OTHER SOCIAL ACCOUNTS FOR UPDATES!

Share:

15 Comments

1. Nicole Caudle
    August 3, 2018 / 10:46 pm

The Top Floor lipstick looks amazing. I dont know why I always gravitate towards that particular shade, but I need to add it to my collection. Its gorgeous.

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      August 6, 2018 / 9:45 am

It really is! I’m the exact same way. Once I started wearing darker shades, I was obsessed. Something about them looks so good against my skin. Thank you so much for the love! (:

2. olliviette
    August 2, 2018 / 1:32 am

You should make a live link to their site! Never heard of this brand before, which is sad because these swatches look amazing – the color is on point and it looks so thick, opaque. Going to add this brand to my memory banks so I can share with more women.

Olli – http://www.olliviette.com

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      August 3, 2018 / 6:33 am

There should be one at the top of the post, but it’s abonicosmetics.com 💜 They really are amazing quality, and so affordable. Thank you so much for showing some love! 😊

3. August 1, 2018 / 1:13 am

Haven’t heard of this brand until today but those colors are gorgeous! I like cat’s meow the best!

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      August 1, 2018 / 11:15 am

I hadn’t heard of the brand either until a little bit ago! Cat’s Meow is such a pretty shade, and I love the name. Thank you so much for showing some love! (:

4. July 31, 2018 / 11:25 pm

I like that sitting pretty against your skin tone.. I looks good on you✨

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      August 1, 2018 / 11:16 am

Thank you so much! It really is a gorgeous shade. (:

5. July 31, 2018 / 7:55 pm

I’m all here for these swatches!! I have never heard of this brand but thanks to this very detailed post and the pigment swatches, I think this is a win-win! I’m gonna need that Top Floor in my life for the Wintertime fr fr!! 💚💚💚😩

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      August 1, 2018 / 11:17 am

Yesss, go ahead and stock up girl! I believe they are going for $6.50 each with the sale. Right? I can’t wait to rock Top Floor this winter! Thank you so much for showing some love! (:

6. letsgettripsy
    July 31, 2018 / 7:49 pm

I am not sure I have seen this brand in Canada – I could be wrong though! I worry about liquid ones making my lips dry too but this sounds like it doesn’t do that which is great – Sitting Pretty would also be my favourite although on my pasty skin tone, I don’t think any of these would work but on yours, I bet they are all gorgeous!! Nice review!

7. July 30, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I’ve never heard of that brand! Where is it sold?
    I love Sitting Pretty omg!

• simplyanjhanee
      Author
      July 31, 2018 / 7:00 am

I love that shade too, so gorgeous! I bought it off of their website: abonicosmetics.com 🤗

Share Your Thoughts...